View all jobs
Associate Database Administrator (05 Positions)Lahore, Pakistan
- Installation, configuration and upgrading of Informix & MySQL server software and related products.
- Establishes and maintains database backups & recovery policies and procedures.
- Creates new database instances and performs database migration within and across the platforms with minimum down time.
- Maintains the existing database design and takes care of new implementations.
- Implements and maintains database security (create and maintain users, assign roles and privileges) as per company's policy.
- Performs query optimization, database performance evaluation and tuning.
- Performs database re-organizations as required to assist performance and ensure maximum up-time of the database.
- Performs comprehensive and proactive database monitoring.
- Setup and maintain documentation and standards.
- Provides technical support to application development teams.
- Reviews and assists the impact analysis of any changes made on production databases.
- Works as part of a team and provide 24x7 support.
- Troubleshoots and resolves the problems regarding the databases.
- Performs general technical trouble shooting and gives consultation to development teams.
- Interfaces with vendors for technical support.
- Evaluates new features and products related to database.
We are looking for:
- Minimum Education: BS(CS) Honors or MS(CS)
- Required Experience: 1 year experience.
- Fresh or 1 Year experience as a DBA on Unix-based (Linux/Solaris) systems.
- Strong knowledge of Unix Operating System internals.
- Good understanding of Informix & MySQL databases, related utilities and tools.
- A good knowledge of physical database design.
- Overall knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL and analytical SQL.
- Strong problem troubleshooting and database monitoring skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Informix & MySQL backups and recovery scenarios.
- Excellent skills in shell scripts writing.
- Skills in informix Open Admin tool and MySQL Enterprise Monitor will be a plus.
- A good knowledge of Informix & MySQL security management.
- Excellent query writing skills.
- Good Knowledge and experience in database migration.
- Excellent Analytical skills.
- Working knowledge in Linux/Solaris environments.
- Should have sound communication skills with management, development teams, vendors, systems administrators and other related service providers.