- Installation, configuration and upgrading of ORACLE server software and related products
- Migration of existing load to ORACLE databases.
- Establishes and maintains database backups & recovery policies and procedures.
- Creates new database instances and performs database migration within and across the platforms with minimum down time.
- Maintains the existing database design and takes care of new implementations
- Implements and maintains database security (create and maintain users, assign roles and privileges) as per company's policy
- Performs query optimization, ORACLE database performance evaluation and tuning
- Performs database re-organizations as required to assist performance and
- Ensure maximum up-time of the database
- Performs comprehensive and proactive database monitoring
- Setup and maintain documentation and standards
- Provides technical support to application development teams
- Reviews and assists the impact analysis of any changes made on production databases.
- Works as part of a team and provide 24x7 support
- Troubleshoots and resolves the problems regarding ORACLE databases
- Performs general technical trouble shooting and gives consultation to development teams
- Interfaces with vendors for technical support
- Evaluates new features and products related to ORACLE database
- Should be able to understand existing database systems & working environment.
- Should be able to get familiar with the tools and technologies which are in use to run operations
- Should be able to understand the team processes and procedures used to perform the routine
- Should build the expertise in the tools and technologies which are in use and should be able to complete tasks independently.
- Should be able to understand the business domain knowledge and should be able to troubleshoot production systems to continue/ensure smooth operations
- Should be able to provide the feedback on the existing processes & procedures which are in-existence to improve/optimize overall productivity
- Should be able to fully understand the business domain knowledge and sensitivity/critically of his position as database owner
- Should be able to work independently (or in a team) on complex projects and activities
- Should contribute in bring innovations, new ideas and processes/procedures to achieve team/company goals.
Knowledge, Skills and Personal Characteristics:
- 12 + years of experience in ORACLE Database Management for large scale workloads on Unix-based (Linux/Solaris) systems
- Extensive Oracle Database architecture, design and operations experience within large-scale high performance and highly secure financial-grade production environments (99.999% &24x7x365 availability).
- Strong knowledge of Unix Operating System internals
- In-depth knowledge of technology and business value models to help business understand the technology transformation value
- Effective and efficient at coaching and mentoring the technical staff through growth to help them increase their abilities to deliver competitive solutions to the customers.
- Knowledgeable and familiar with the industry / vendor roadmaps and IT services standards
- Proven expertise in designing high performance physical database designs
- Overall knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL and analytical SQL
- Strong problem troubleshooting and database monitoring skills
- A good knowledge of Informix & MySQL security management
- Excellent query development
- Good Knowledge and experience in database migration
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Should have sound communication skills with management, development teams, vendors, systems administration and other related service providers.
Specific Tools, Technologies or Equipment Skills:
Hands on experience in ORACLE 19c/21c database on Linux/Solaris environments.
BS(CS) Honors or MS(CS)